1. Firstly, a housekeeping matter. Here are results of the Are You A Card Person survey from a week or two ago.
About 46% claim to NOT be Card People, 20% are, and 35% of you fall somewhere in the middle. So, rather evenly split actually, which surprised me. (And, if you took the survey, thank you for clicking three whole extra times. CLICKING IS HARD, I KNOW.)
2. I should probably save this for a Legit Garden Update, but this is kind of a big deal and I felt those of you who are emotionally invested in The Garden might be rather interested to know a tomato has appeared, which proves I can do anything with the help of the internet.
You hear that? I CREATED A TOMATO!
3. We are back from New Orleans and I have been mentally composing a big recap post, but let's be honest, who knows when that will actually happen, as I never got around to actually recapping my trip in January 2011. If you would like to sneak peek and browse the photos, they're over at Flickr.
We toured a cemetery and I still have the creepies about it, several days later.
4. I have recently decided I am going to stop buying chicken. I stopped eating chicken in restaurants ages ago, because it just felt like FILLER to me. I didn't enjoy eating it and it tastes pretty BLAH (hence the phrase, "tastes like chicken," I suppose). I even started calling it "Token Chicken." This phrase refers to mostly to Thai dishes with vegetables, noodles, sauce, and some kind of bits of chicken thrown in to satisfy meat-eaters that need meat to call something DINNER. I also find Token Chicken in pasta dishes, burritos, sandwiches (just gimme the vegetables), pizzas, etc. About the only chicken I get excited to eat these days is hot wings and that's like, a once-a-quarter thing for me.
I just...kind of find chicken to be really disgusting. I don't like touching it raw, I hate cooking with it (slimy, veiny, disgusting), I don't enjoy eating it all that much and.....meh. I talked about it so much in such a negative light that Chris kind of agrees with me at this point. I'd much rather have beef (good beef, that is) or just straight-up vegetables. So, yeah. Kind of out on chicken these days.
5. The Blathering is in six months! Oh, I can't wait to see everyone.
6. I finally bought my Jack Rogers sandals in silver and THEY ARE FANTASTIC. I had to order a half size up, because the 9 was very, very narrow. My pinky toe was actually hanging off, which was not super attractive. The 9.5 though was perfect and I wore then all over New Orleans and I just love these shoes. I am so mad I waited so many years to try them.
7. The baby woke up. There will be no 7th take today.